Design Sprints for Awesome Teams: Running Design Sprints for Rapid Digital Product DevelopmentWorkshop
Dana Mitroff Silvers, Designing Insights, USA
Design Sprints are intensive applications of the Design Thinking process to specific digital products. In this half-day pre-conference workshop, we will introduce participants to the five-phase framework, moving quickly from problem definition to rapid prototyping at an extremely fast pace.
Design Thinking is a set of methods and a mindset that combines empathy, creativity, and rationality to solve human-centered problems, and is the foundation upon which Design Sprints are built. We have run numerous Design Sprints with museums and cultural heritage organizations, and have refined its application to the unique constraints and opportunities of the museum sector.
Come join us for this fun and high-energy workshop in which we’ll walk you through a hands-on Design Sprint and give you tools and resources to bring sprints back to your own organization—and make your team more awesome!
Attendees will learn:
– The key mindsets of the Design Thinking process
– The five phases of a Design Sprint
– How to lay the foundation for solving problems from a visitor- and user-center perspective
– Ways to ideate both individually and as a group
– How to use time-boxing and voting to keep the group focused and get to decisions more quickly
– How to recruit museum visitors for user research and testing during your sprint
– Techniques for rapid prototyping and testing
Google Ventures Design Sprint website
Design Sprint: A Practical Guidebook for Building Great Digital Products (pre-release digital edition)
The Product Design Sprint
“How a two-day sprint moved an agency twenty years forward”